Main menu:

Advertise with Folding Trees

Link to us:

Fine Print

If you wish to use our images on your own blog or website, we ask that that you link back to us and give us credit for our work. Thanks!

Categories

Site search

www.flickr.com
items in Folding Trees More in Folding Trees pool

Archives

FT on Facebook

Folding Trees on Facebook

Origami koi pond

koi

I love the different paper colours used to fold these origami koi, designed and folded by Sipho Mabona. And the amazingly graceful stop-motion video instructions are definitely worth watching (although it looks like it would be very complicated to fold one yourself).  [via Whip Up]

Comments

Comment from SiSi
Time: August 20, 2009, 8:41 am

very cool:) thanks for posting this!

Comment from Nancy
Time: August 20, 2009, 10:12 am

I spent a long time watching and trying to follow this astonishing video, stopping and starting it, and finally folded a credible, though not really beautiful, carp. I think the answer may be larger, somewhat softer paper–will try again this weekend. Aren’t they amazing?

Comment from Rosel
Time: August 24, 2009, 10:57 am

I’ve been trying to design a paper carp, but haven’t got very far, I’ll have to have a go at this one instead.

Comment from Mimi
Time: September 23, 2009, 8:05 pm

I love love love this Koi Pond Origami… its the best i saw so far on the internet ! unfortunatllay Flicker is blocked in my country :(

is there any other way that i could view the instructions ?
Thanks Loads !

Comment from June & Eve
Time: September 23, 2009, 8:09 pm

Mimi, yes there is! I’ve just found the video on the artist’s website – the video is hosted through Vimeo, so hopefully you’ll be able to view it :)

Comment from Jo-Jo
Time: May 20, 2010, 2:20 pm

These look hard. Are they really that hard to do?? Should I go onto youtube and look up how to make a pond? So should I do or can you tel me how well show me how??

Comment from Dez
Time: September 1, 2011, 6:02 pm

This is the most beautiful, realistic and detailed origami fish I have found on the internet!

I really want to make one, but having watched the video, I found it really difficult to follow the folds…even when folding. I can only get so far before im completely puzzled….HELP!

Are they any folding instructions in diagram form for this?

Comment from cookiemonster8you
Time: May 1, 2013, 10:31 am

But the koi in the video looks different from this photo.. Please make a video that looks the same from this photo you’ve taken..

Comment from cookiemonster8you
Time: May 1, 2013, 10:35 am

Oh never mind! ^_^ Thank you for the video anyways
So realistic.. :))

Write a comment

Current day month ye@r *

Please leave these two fields as-is:

Protected by Invisible Defender. Showed 403 to 193,911 bad guys.