Main menu:

Advertise with Folding Trees

Link to us:

Fine Print

If you wish to use our images on your own blog or website, we ask that that you link back to us and give us credit for our work. Thanks!

Categories

Site search

www.flickr.com
items in Folding Trees More in Folding Trees pool

Archives

FT on Facebook

Folding Trees on Facebook

Flower Week: Tissue Paper Carnations

Today is the start of Flower Week on Folding Trees. Every weekday, I will be showcasing different types of paper flowers. You may be surprised at the variety of flowers you can make using different paper craft techniques! If you know of any amazing flower tutorials I should include in my round-up, let me know!

When I had the idea for Flower Week, I thought I would kick off the week with some flowers that I made myself. I wanted to try some tissue paper flowers, but when I followed various tutorials I found online, the flowers I made weren’t realistic enough for me. So, here’s what I came up with to rectify that:

A vase of pretty tissue paper carnations! Below is a close up of the flowers – aren’t they lovely?

Want to make your own? Keep reading to find out how!

This tutorial is Donationware – the instructions are available for free, but if you like it please consider sending me a donation (via my other website, PlanetJune) to show your appreciation:

tissue paper carnations tutorial

Send me a donation and receive the easy-to-print PDF version of the tutorial as a thank you!

click here to make a donation

Donations of any size are much appreciated. Just add the amount you wish to donate, and, once you have checked out and paid, your PDF will instantly be available to download from your PlanetJune account.

The complete instructions are available below, regardless of whether or not you choose to pay for them :)

You will need:

• Tissue paper
  • Scissors
  • 2 large paper clips
  • Pipe cleaners (chenille stems) or floral wire
  • Coloured marker pen
  • Optional: floral wire, floral tape, wire cutters

You can make your carnations any size, but I found that a 3″ (7.5cm) circle gives a realistic-sized flower. Fold your tissue paper in half again and again until it is just larger than your circle size. I used a 20×24″ sheet of tissue paper, which let me cut 48 circles at once – enough for 4-5 carnations!

Find a suitably-sized circular container and draw around it with a pencil onto your folded tissue paper.

Start to cut out the circle, holding all the layers of tissue paper together. If you can’t cut through the whole thickness, try cutting half the layers at a time, then draw another circle to cut out the other half. I found that I could cut through 48 layers with no problem, as the tissue paper is so thin. You don’t have to cut too exactly, so don’t worry if some of the layers don’t come out as perfect circles. Use a large paper clip to help keep the layers together.

As you continue to cut, add a second paper clip on the opposite side of the circles to keep all the circles together.

This next step is the key to making the flowers look more realistic than standard tissue paper flowers. If you are in a hurry or making them with children, you could skip this step and still end up with nice flowers. It is a bit tricky and takes a few minutes to complete, but I think it’s worth it!

Take a marker pen with a complementary colour (a cheap kids’ pen is fine). A bold colour will give a more effective result. Use your non-writing hand to hold the edges of all the tissue-paper layers together, and use the side of the pen nib to begin to gently colour the edge of the circles. Take this slowly – if you press too hard, the tissue paper layers will separate. Colour a small section of the edge at a time, and go over each section a few times to ensure the colour is intense and the ink has saturated all the edges.

Continue to colour around the edge. When you are about halfway through, move the paper clips to areas you have already coloured, and fill in the gaps.
Note: I have switched to the white tissue paper for these photos as the coloured pen shows up more clearly!

..Erm, yes. You may well end up with a coloured finger by the time you have finished (see below) as you have to hold the papers close to the edge to keep them together while you colour them! Don’t worry – it’ll wash off ;)

Remove the paper clips and select enough circles from the pile to make one flower. I used approx 12 circles per flower, but 8-10 circles would be fine.

Keep these circles together and poke two holes near the centre of the circles. I used the end of a pipe cleaner to do this, but if your pipe cleaners aren’t sharp enough you could use a large needle or similar.

Fold down about 1 inch of the pipe cleaner, and push the long end through one hole and the short end through the other hole.

Pull the ends all the way through, then twist the ends of the pipe cleaner together underneath the flower to keep all the circles together:

Now to make the petals. Separate the topmost circle and crumple it upwards from the centre. Scrunch up the paper randomly, but try to concentrate on the base of the petal (the centre of the circle) and leave the coloured edges alone.

Now repeat with each circle in turn. Crinkle each circle up individually, and try not to have the folds in the same place each time. You can see (below, right) how I am squeezing my fingers around the base of the petal each time I add a new circle. This stops the coloured petal edges from being creased into folds.

Keep scrunching… When all the circles have been crumpled up, you will end up with a lovely carnation like this:

And that’s it for the basic tutorial! If you are making these with children, you probably want to stop at this point. If you want to make the stems look more realistic, here are some ideas:

Make a double-headed stem by cutting down one pipe cleaner to half its length (use wire cutters for this) then twisting it together with another completed stem:

I wasn’t satisfied with my green furry caterpillar stems, so I converted them with some floral wires and green floral tape:

Cut the floral wire to the same length as your stem.

Holding the wire and pipe cleaner stem together, start to wrap the floral tape tightly around them. Start about 1″ down from the flower head (below, left) and wrap up the stem to the head. Then wrap all the way down the stem to the bottom. To wrap without the tape getting tangled up, hold the tape steady and at an angle to the stem with one hand (below, right), and use your other hand to twirl the stem around, winding the tape around itself as it goes.

The floral tape will stick to itself, so there is no need to use glue to fasten it down. Remember to stretch the end of the tape as you wrap the end of the stem, to help it to stick securely.

Make just one as a paper buttonhole. Make about a dozen, and you have a beautiful bouquet!

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! If you make any tissue paper flowers, please add them to the Folding Trees Flickr group, and please consider leaving me a donation. Thanks!

click here to make a donation

Comments

Comment from Jesi
Time: August 4, 2008, 4:22 pm

Very neat, what a great tutorial too!

Comment from denise
Time: August 4, 2008, 4:59 pm

thay do look like real thing well done denise

Comment from Ellen Bloom
Time: August 4, 2008, 6:19 pm

Love your idea of using the marking pen for the coloration of the petals edges. When I was a little girl, my Grandma taught me how to make these. We used nail polish to tip the petals after the flowers were done. One other thing…our template was not a disc, but a disc with scallops. This really gave the carnations a realistic looking “petal.” Thanks for the memories!

Comment from JillyBoo
Time: August 5, 2008, 12:30 am

My goodness, I love your site. My children will go bananas for this It is so simple, but the result is beautiful! Thanks!

Comment from iHanna
Time: August 5, 2008, 6:56 am

Oh my how beautiful they are – so simple yet very beautiful. Love crafts like that. Remind me of the coffee filter roses that was done on Martha Stewart show once.

Pingback from Indie Fixx » Tutorial Tuesday: Tissue Paper Carnations
Time: August 5, 2008, 10:39 am

[…] Read More! […]

Comment from JT
Time: August 5, 2008, 5:18 pm

These are beautiful especially with the color on the edges. Will try working on some.

Pingback from How To: Tissue Paper Carnations « Keiki Gift Ideas
Time: August 5, 2008, 5:47 pm

[…] saver when it comes to finding material that appeal to me.  Today I came across this tutorial by Folding Trees.  I love the way the edges of the tissue paper are colored with markers to make the flowers look […]

Comment from Stefani Tadio
Time: August 5, 2008, 7:55 pm

These are so pretty! I’ve never made this kind before. When I saw the subject, I thought they were going to be the Kleenex folded in an accordian and fluffed out variety. That’s the kind I made with my mom and grandmother.

The florist tape really finishes them off nicely!

Comment from futuregirl
Time: August 5, 2008, 10:59 pm

Wow! I can’t believe how easy it is to make such beautiful flowers! What a great tutorial! :)

Comment from Stitchworks
Time: August 11, 2008, 8:21 am

I’ve just passed on an award to you.
See my blog for details.

Comment from Kate Mc
Time: August 24, 2008, 8:17 am

I just love these delicate, pretty flowers. The only modification I am going to make is to cut the circles out with pinking shears (used to stop fabric fraying). Then colour the edges, this will give a really realistic edge to them.

Comment from virigia
Time: August 29, 2008, 4:25 pm

That is awesome!! Kudos to you.

Comment from komalasuri
Time: September 27, 2008, 1:47 am

HEllO DEAR FREAND,

i enjoyed the flower making .realy iam going to make this for my festival,now it is coming day after tomarow. i will use the the trick. thanks alot ,for the easy flower making.

by by

komalasuri

Comment from Santosh
Time: September 28, 2008, 9:25 am

Its Awesome!!!! I wante to make something different for my love and thought of the idea of making flowers with paper…..I felt this was the most easiest flower which I could make …. and a wonderful tutorial amongst all which I went thru….

Thanks a lot for your kind tutorial…. would def like to get more such tutorial….

Comment from priyanka
Time: November 4, 2008, 6:45 am

i enjoyed the tutorial.very simple and very neat i wud like a lot more from u

Pingback from Green House Decor » DIY Project:: Glass Marble Flower Vase
Time: November 25, 2008, 11:53 pm

[…] need something to fill your vase, make your own flowers! I make these pink and white flowers using this tissue paper carnations tutorial from Folding Trees, and the result was simply stunning. They’re fun and easy to make, and the supplies are […]

Comment from scrappysue
Time: January 6, 2009, 1:56 am

these are gorgeous! thanks for sharing

Comment from Carmen
Time: January 17, 2009, 5:14 pm

These are the most realistic paper flowers I’ve seen. I can’t wait to make some. Thank you for putting this tutorial together.

Comment from Grace
Time: January 22, 2009, 10:51 pm

Thanks for sharing this. When I was small, I was taught to make the tissue paper carnation with a total different method. Your method looks better, I like the idea of using a marker pen to color the edge, it makes the flowers look real!

Comment from Maya
Time: February 12, 2009, 2:51 am

Gorgeous! I made something similar (300 of them *groan* October two years ago). Without the colored edges! The edges are beautiful, I will definitely do that next time. The floral tape really makes it look polished.

Comment from pepper815762
Time: February 14, 2009, 1:52 pm

i love this post! will u tell me if there are any more you have made?

Comment from pepper815762 club penguin
Time: February 14, 2009, 1:55 pm

thank you for putting this together it was easy and fun!

Comment from Marti
Time: February 15, 2009, 3:23 pm

Clear instructions and step by step pictures to follow! Thank you!

Pingback from Review: Martha Stewart Tissue Paper Bouquet Kit » Weddingbee » The Wedding Blog
Time: March 6, 2009, 2:01 pm

[…] Not Martha, but a delightful DIY carnation kit! Source […]

Comment from Aelyn
Time: March 22, 2009, 6:05 am

These are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.

Comment from meenu
Time: April 3, 2009, 12:46 pm

its beautiful

Comment from jackie
Time: April 7, 2009, 3:23 pm

Thanks so much for the step-by-step instructions! I am going to make these to pass out at our Mother’s Day banquet at church-white for deceased moms and pink for ones still living.
cheap to make but a blessing to give!

Comment from Debbie
Time: April 14, 2009, 4:35 am

Oh my goodness! I was looking on google for a tutorial and found this site!

This is absolutely fab!!!

Thank you thank you!!!

Pingback from DIY Tissue Paper Carnations — iDiY
Time: April 16, 2009, 11:30 am

[…] think?  Whether for a fun bouquet or just something to jazz up your gift wrapping, head over to Folding Trees for the fab tutorial.  Happy […]

Comment from Erin
Time: April 16, 2009, 2:41 pm

Too cute!

Comment from Katie @ The Savvy Event
Time: April 16, 2009, 3:45 pm

I love these-the marker around the edges is the perfect touch.

Pingback from DIY Daily: Tissue Paper Carnations | Inspirations & Creations – Elizabeth Anne Designs: The Wedding Blog
Time: April 17, 2009, 12:01 pm

[…] found at Folding Trees via […]

Pingback from DIY: Tissue Paper Carnations « je t’aime eclec
Time: April 17, 2009, 12:04 pm

[…] found a tutorial via Twitter on Folding Trees for these super cute tissue paper carnations! So of course, I have been making them all day. They are soooooo adorable and super easy to make! […]

Comment from Cheryl
Time: April 19, 2009, 4:38 pm

Thanks for this tutorial, I have been thinking of something different to use for these round glass fishbowl’s I purchased for my mom’s 70th birthday party, the theme is black & white, it’s a simi-formal celebration, I’ve already made a few to see what they would look like in the glass bowls, even though they are made out of tissue, they are elegant looking and I think they would go perfect with the theme of the party. I used black marker on white tissue paper, these are too adorable!

Comment from SiSi
Time: April 20, 2009, 10:51 am

I was always looking for a good tutorial for carnations, these are great. I will have to try em:) Thanks!

Comment from 2337
Time: April 24, 2009, 10:07 pm

oh, I had no idea that making these picotees is very easily. thank you so much.
then, I can make beautiful bouquets as the gift for my girl. hic hic
thanks again

Pingback from Flowers… / Raynamin
Time: April 26, 2009, 8:16 pm

[…] Made some flowers out of tissue paper, pipe cleaners, stem wrap tape, and glitter spray. Took a while to get them done, but they turned out well. I made them from the tutorial from Folding Trees. […]

Comment from rossella
Time: April 28, 2009, 12:34 pm

molto belli li voglio fare ne ho provato uno ma cn la carta crespa ed è bellissimo chissà cn la carta velina….

Comment from Caroline1956
Time: April 29, 2009, 10:33 pm

Very simple and beautiful, I must try to make them.

Comment from michelle johnnie
Time: May 1, 2009, 6:42 pm

Very cute and so easy! I will have to make some!!!

Comment from happyland
Time: May 2, 2009, 3:29 am

that amazing! great works!

Comment from Courtney@Booksnboys
Time: May 2, 2009, 11:41 am

Those are beautiful! SOOO much more realistic than the ordinary paper flowers. I think I need a big bouquet on my table for mother’s day :)
Thank you so much for the excellent tutorial!

Comment from Shannon
Time: May 5, 2009, 11:47 am

Well written tutorial. We made a bunch for Teacher Appreciation week, and they were so easy to make.

Pingback from Fiori di carta velina « mondoCiPi – to do
Time: May 7, 2009, 4:18 am

[…] Fiori di carta velina 7 Maggio 2009 Archiviato in: 1 — mondocipi @ 10:18 Semplicissimi e d’effettohttp://foldingtrees.com/2008/08/flower-week-tissue-paper-carnations/#more-454 […]

Comment from gubse
Time: May 8, 2009, 2:25 am

great works :)

Pingback from Happy Teacher Appreciation Week! « The Quach Klan
Time: May 14, 2009, 12:15 am

[…] found the idea at this site: http://foldingtrees.com/2008/08/flower-week-tissue-paper-carnations/  (I am still learning about this blogging thing and haven’t figured out how to get you all […]

Pingback from Folding Trees » Paper flower centrepiece
Time: May 17, 2009, 6:07 am

[…] another idea on paper flowers have a look at June’s tutorial for tissue paper carnations. SHARE THIS POSTClose Bookmark and Share This Page Save to Browser Favorites / […]

Comment from emiboo
Time: May 17, 2009, 9:38 pm

Wow! I made a yellow one for mum for Mothers Day… she was very impressed. Carnations are her favourite flower.

Comment from Emily.t
Time: May 26, 2009, 11:58 pm

WOw! Thanks for the tutorial! Very clear instructions and the carnations are so so lovely! Btw, I’m all the way from Malaysia =D love your blog!

Pingback from Bridal Wedding Guide » Blog Archive » Sewing Patterns as Inspiration
Time: May 27, 2009, 6:04 pm

[…] To make the paper flowers below, check out Folding Trees. […]

Comment from Andrea
Time: June 1, 2009, 12:50 pm

These are so cool! I think I need to make some for my dining room table! Thanks for the tutorial on how to make these!

Comment from gayathri
Time: June 2, 2009, 7:31 am

wow superb ya. i like it a lot. you know one thing u can do different flowers using soap, caunflour, and fevicol
but i dnt tried it if u knw plz teach me
regards
gayathri

Comment from Christina
Time: June 13, 2009, 9:24 pm

I made a newspaper one before with my one idea to make a rose and it came out really good.

Pingback from KidStyleFile » Blog Archive » Rain, Rain, Go Away, Come Again Another Day…
Time: June 14, 2009, 6:32 pm

[…] Carnation Flower Tutorial at Folding Trees […]

Comment from Christina
Time: June 16, 2009, 2:16 am

It looks so pretty. Im going to use it for my moms birthday.

Comment from janu
Time: July 9, 2009, 3:47 am

hi,really amazing ,nice 2 see your site…thanx .

Comment from Karen
Time: July 10, 2009, 4:22 pm

I ran across this tutorial today. I was looking for a way to make paper flowers to put in pineapple vases for a luau shower I’m helping with for a future daughter-in-law. I thought I’d just make them a little bigger and with vibrant colors. I just finished my “practice” flower and it’s beatiful. So glad I found this site! Thank you. I’ll post a picture of the flowers in one of the pineapple shells when the time comes!

Pingback from Tethered 2 Home » Blog Archive » 3D: Flowers!
Time: July 13, 2009, 10:30 pm

[…]  Carnation, with coloured edges, by Folding Trees:  (Using:  White Tissue Paper & Lavender Lace […]

Pingback from 3d Challenge – 3d20 – Everything’s Coming Up Roses « Paper Craft Planet Blog
Time: July 14, 2009, 10:09 am

Comment from Sonya Oldham
Time: August 13, 2009, 2:59 am

These flowers are fabulous! The colored edges really make the difference. Thank you so much for posting this wonderful tutorial. It’s so clear and easy to understand that I was able to make my first flower on the first try. Now I’m hooked!
Great blog btw!

Comment from chandan massey
Time: August 25, 2009, 11:57 pm

i had never thought that i cud ever made these beautiful artistic flowers on my own. bt thanks a lot to the person who made this thing so easy for me. great job done.

Comment from RK
Time: August 27, 2009, 12:32 pm

Great tutorial, very clear instructions! Thanks for sharing these.

Comment from scotch38
Time: August 30, 2009, 1:20 pm

Superbe !
Magnifique travail, merci pour le tutorial.

Comment from dolly
Time: September 15, 2009, 10:49 pm

really awesome, love the creativety and beauty along with the easy steps you laid out, they are very simarlar to the flowers I make out of lace, I am glad I stumbled into folding trees hope to see some more of your lovely work…..

Comment from mimurmaid
Time: September 21, 2009, 4:44 pm

Woow, didn’t think it would be THAT simple! Bravo!

Comment from Rinzy
Time: October 21, 2009, 6:04 am

Simply superb. Never thought that this could be made so easily. The step-by step instructions along with the pictures help a lot. Thank you for posting.

Comment from David
Time: October 23, 2009, 1:36 am

I love it!! I made a multi colored bouquet of them For a friend who is getting married soon. I made them out of the tissue paper left
from all the gifts she recieved at her bridal shower. They’re for her to use at the wedding rehersal. They turned out lovely, I can’t wait to give them to her. I will post a picture as soon as I can. Thank you so much!!!!

Comment from Amy Smith
Time: November 9, 2009, 12:50 am

These are exceptionally beautiful indeed. Thanks for sharing such detailed instructions with me. I’ve been looking into tissue flowers lately as a low cost alternative (times are hard right?) to give as gifts. My girlfriend loved the bouquet I made her. She thought it was real! I would have made one similar to yours but I had already followed instructions to make these Poppies at http://littlemisscraft.com/California_Poppies_Tissue_Paper_Flower-13_1 . The poppies she made there are pretty fancy too.

Comment from Rashida & Farida
Time: November 9, 2009, 9:22 am

Its extremely awesome….and the method is easy to understand.Anyone who views it would be excited to try it.Thanks

Pingback from Undying Centerpiece | Autumn Chase
Time: November 19, 2009, 9:30 am

[…] flowers. A vase brimming with paper carnations that will never wilt? Boosh! This tutorial from FoldingTrees.com is for flowers that look nice enough to display that won’t break your bank or your hands […]

Comment from Ricardo
Time: December 8, 2009, 3:45 pm

These are great!!!! Im throwing my mom a black tie 50th birthday party and cant afford to do live centerpieces for each table. Im going to use this idea to create carnation pomander balls and for a fraction of what real carnations would cost. Thanks!!!

Comment from S.Saritha
Time: December 17, 2009, 12:34 pm

Fantastic. The flowers are just like real one and the method is also very easy to understand.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Comment from lale
Time: December 18, 2009, 12:55 pm

supper idea supper

Comment from AD
Time: December 20, 2009, 12:59 pm

Do you think this can be recreated using fabric? I’m thinking either cotton or satin.

Comment from janu
Time: December 23, 2009, 1:58 am

It’s so……………. beautiful and facinating and easy to make thanks alot for helping to make the same one by giving guide line

Pingback from I migliori tutorial per creare fiori di carta | Mamma Felice
Time: January 4, 2010, 2:14 pm

[…] Trees propone un tutorial per creare delle rose rosse con la carta crespa oppure questi bellissimi garofani di carta velina, o ancora dei fiori origami bellissimi, con un tutorial fotografato in due parti: uno e due; – Le […]

Comment from artwork
Time: January 5, 2010, 2:07 am

It’s a fantastic finish artwork,learn much from your information and detailed pictures,thanks a lot with all my heart

Comment from Kimberley
Time: January 11, 2010, 12:21 pm

Wow!! This is amazing. Planning for some decorations for Chinese New Year and this add to the atmosphere. Just need to get a really nice red paper with golden sides!

I was thinking of an easier method to color the sides. Maybe using and ink stamp pad would be more convenient although I have to admit that there are limited colors available. At least for those who wanted a standard color (side), they end up with a cleaner hands!

(@_~)!

Comment from yoli
Time: January 16, 2010, 1:33 am

checate esto

Comment from unique
Time: January 16, 2010, 9:11 pm

I absolutley love your website!!!!!!!!!!It’s just amazing.
When I didn’t go to your website I had no idea how to do oragami but now I don’t even have to ask somebody to do it for me.

Comment from Niche Topics
Time: January 22, 2010, 2:53 am

Great share, thank you! We made these for the patients in the hospital and they love it!!

Comment from roxanne
Time: January 22, 2010, 1:59 pm

thanks so much!i think your tutuorial is the most chic out of all that i have looked up! i made a bouquet for my mother`s birthday and she loved them!

Comment from lynn maust
Time: February 9, 2010, 10:03 pm

How lovely! How fun they look to make too……Lady Lydia directed me to your site.
Also…..your nails are lovely….makes me want to grow mine!

Comment from patty
Time: February 12, 2010, 5:11 pm

I love them!! Thanks for the detailed explanation!
Is it just my conexion or the last 5 photos are missing!?

Comment from patty
Time: February 12, 2010, 5:13 pm

ooops, it was my conexion… :)

Comment from clementina
Time: March 3, 2010, 1:38 pm

Bellissime, complimenti

Comment from D’Anna
Time: March 14, 2010, 8:47 pm

nice job. you guys make it look super cute and really easy. :))

Comment from kerryn
Time: March 20, 2010, 12:35 am

How lovely these are. Don’t forget about varieagating the carnations a little more by alternating the white and pink discs or whatever colour you choose!! The shading is beautiful. :-) Also, if you can’t find florist tape, dark green tissue paper wrapped in two layers works wonderfully around a narrow pipecleaner.

Comment from Pallavi
Time: April 6, 2010, 3:55 am

Beautiful and easy to make creation.
Lovely concept and very well displayed Please be in touch for any new projects

Comment from Andy
Time: April 7, 2010, 2:46 am

Nice!! Gave one to my wife as a first wedding present, mounted in a deep lichen-covered picture frame without glass I made from an old gate. Serious brownie points!!

Pingback from Annette und Thomas | Vorshooting am Schloss Charlottenburg | Manon Scheeler Photography
Time: April 14, 2010, 11:46 am

[…] ). Momentan haben es mir Dinge aus Seidenpapier und zum Dekorieren angetan. Egal ob PomPoms, Blumen oder Kränze. Ich bin total begeistert davon.  Basteln macht mich glücklich und es hilft mir […]

Pingback from Homemade Mother’s Day | Just Spotted
Time: April 18, 2010, 11:55 am

[…] ThumbtacksMake a Silhouette DrawingFramed Hand printsMother’s Day JournalWire Heart BookmarkTissue Paper Flower Bouquet Mod Podged FrameKid’s Art […]

Comment from Katie @ Cheep Ideas
Time: April 21, 2010, 3:33 pm

These carnations are just beautiful! I love the detail on the rim of the flower, genius! I’ve included this post on my “Tissue Paper Crafts” roundup today. Thanks for sharing!

Pingback from Tissue Paper Carnations : kreativedesigns.net
Time: April 26, 2010, 10:01 pm

[…] Just in time for Mother’s Day! I am always looking for something different.  I came across this tutorial by Folding Trees last year. I love the way the edges of the tissue paper are colored with markers to make the flowers look real. I already tried them myself, they are so easy to make and they are elegant looking. Great idea for the budget consious instead of purchasing expensive flowers for wedding or other events, make your own. Click here for the full tutorial Foldingtree […]

Pingback from 10 Best Handmade Gifts for Mom | Crafts Kids :: Free Crafts Network
Time: April 29, 2010, 6:21 am

[…] by Ronni (Portland, ME), on Time Goes By. If you don’t have access to flowers, make a sweet tissue paper carnation bouquet! I love their suggestion to run marker along the edge of the tissue paper for texture and […]

Comment from Anna
Time: May 1, 2010, 11:17 am

How pretty and creative!! Thanks for sharing! Found something for my kids to do this morning :)

Comment from Loren
Time: May 4, 2010, 11:11 pm

yo, diz iz da bom
i love diz idea and im gunna use it 4 mi mumz mothaz day prezzy, or i mite juzt get mi lil bro 2 do it cuz im lazy lol

Comment from Joy
Time: May 7, 2010, 9:37 am

Thank you for the lovely carnations and for sharing it.

Comment from Anabel Wright
Time: May 7, 2010, 11:00 am

My daughter will wear carnation flowers on her hair for mother’s day festival in Mexico City! Thank you for helping us! They are beautiful

Comment from elisa
Time: May 8, 2010, 2:19 pm

questi garofani sono bellissimi.Ho bisogno della versione in italiano.

Comment from Jay Sethy
Time: May 11, 2010, 3:25 am

simple, bt gr8 job…

Comment from Ishaan
Time: May 17, 2010, 2:57 am

the best of all is this. A simple, unique gift for mother’s day.

Pingback from Say It With Handmade Flowers This Mother’s Day (10 Tutorials/Videos) | Care2 Healthy & Green Living
Time: May 20, 2010, 7:08 pm

[…] This bouquet of flowers is a tutorial from Folding Trees. It makes a sweet tissue paper carnation bouquet. They suggest running a marker along the edge of […]

Pingback from OMG I fell in love again « Cheap 'n' Quirky Wedding
Time: June 5, 2010, 12:58 am

[…] also a tissue paper version of carnations on Folded […]

Comment from Bibi
Time: June 7, 2010, 10:04 pm

Your tutorial is the best by far! Keep up the great work.

Comment from daiana
Time: June 8, 2010, 7:43 pm

traduz essa pagina em portugues amei mais eu não entd ingles!!

Comment from Emily
Time: June 13, 2010, 11:01 am

wow that is so cool good for ohio too since the state flower is the red carnation.

Comment from Rebecca
Time: June 30, 2010, 1:17 pm

Thank you for the tutoral! Its the best I’ve seen.

Pingback from diy day: reciclar e plantar, é só começar! « Le?Kawaii
Time: June 30, 2010, 7:47 pm

[…] Muito fácil de fazer! Passo-a-passo do vasinho no blog Addicted 2 Decorating e das flores no Folding Trees. Eu faria o meu com botões, acho que dá um efeito […]

Comment from Irene
Time: July 2, 2010, 11:26 pm

thank you very much for this beautiful project!

Pingback from Our Bouquets are Finished! | Weddingbee
Time: August 5, 2010, 7:00 pm

[…] never been a huge fan of carnations, but in a big bunch they’re gorgeous. I used Folding Tree’s tutorial for tissue paper carnations. So without further ado, here are our […]

Comment from Aleen
Time: August 5, 2010, 7:59 pm

This was an excellent wedding bouquet idea, Thanks for the tutorial!

Comment from anusha
Time: August 14, 2010, 7:59 am

wowwww its awesome n very intresting

Comment from Veer
Time: August 15, 2010, 4:40 am

this is the best flower ever seen in my live.

Comment from Rachel Walsh
Time: August 19, 2010, 10:35 am

I have one question – I tried to make these, but found no matter how gentle I was in scrunching up each layer of the flower, they invariably ripped through and fell off!
Do you think this would work if i put a little tape top and bottom of my stack of petals, then use a scissors or something sharp to make the hole, then push the pipe cleaner through? It might offer a little more resistance to the petals, so to speak.
Sure I’ll give it a go and report back! I really want these to work, they’re perfect for pew decorations, and would save me spending the day before the wedding freaking out with a fortune in fresh flowers!

Comment from June
Time: August 19, 2010, 11:09 am

Sounds like that would work, Rachel – I’d probably just tape the middle of one side of each petal, so you don’t add too much bulk to the flower. It may also be that you’re using especially thin or soft tissue paper – you could try shopping for a different brand and see if you have better luck.

Comment from Rachel Walsh
Time: August 19, 2010, 4:17 pm

Thanks June.
I’d say it could be the thinness of the paper causing the problem, alright. Yeah, I think a wee dot of tape just on the centre of the top and bottom petals of the stack might be enough. Will give it a go!
Thanks!

Comment from ellen
Time: August 25, 2010, 6:52 am

ang nice ng flower simple but pretty…………….

Comment from Lynn
Time: September 28, 2010, 9:47 pm

I’m working on it for 200 pcs of this beau flowers..
I’ll upload the results once I’ve finished it all…
Thanks again for this superb ideas..
Love…ME

Pingback from Six paper flowers
Time: October 4, 2010, 2:54 pm

[…] Tissue paper carnations, also from Folding Trees […]

Comment from Cindy
Time: October 7, 2010, 9:18 pm

I thought that was real! beautiful! :)

Comment from Sanjyoti
Time: October 8, 2010, 10:08 am

That is so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment from saman ahmed
Time: October 8, 2010, 1:53 pm

very naice flower

Pingback from Jewel Wedding Thread – Hippymom – An Evolution of Female Community
Time: October 19, 2010, 4:03 pm

[…] go through ) tealight lanterns Coffee can vases with tissue paper carnations for reception tables :Folding Trees Flower Week: Tissue Paper Carnations Found tree branch ceremony arch from all the trees in the woods hanging decor for reception […]

Pingback from Guest Post: Handmade Underwater-Themed Party. « Li'l Magoolie
Time: October 24, 2010, 3:22 pm

[…] Paper Flowers: These were probably the most fun to make, using this fab tutorial by Folding Trees here I put together some paper carnations for the table. I used pipe cleaners and tissue paper as the […]

Pingback from Update on the GTPPP «
Time: November 30, 2010, 2:56 pm

[…] got the method for creating the tissue carnations from Folding Trees – this has been a popular tutorial and I’ve seen it used in several places around the […]

Comment from SANGEETA
Time: December 1, 2010, 6:10 am

Excellent. It is very beautiful and even easy to make. Keep posting more of these types which are easy and beautiful.

Comment from shruti agarwal
Time: December 3, 2010, 1:38 pm

amazing work:)

Comment from mass
Time: December 6, 2010, 11:53 am

its beautiful

Comment from Krista
Time: December 7, 2010, 9:32 pm

Great tutorial and so clear and easy to follow. Thanks!
I was thinking of putting glitter on the sides over the marker…have you ever tried that? Did it work, if you have?
I shared a link to this tutorial at http://www.facebook.com/homemadegiftideas
I hope you don’t mind, if you do then let me know. thanks!

Pingback from Paper Carnations « Cheap 'n' Quirky Wedding
Time: December 9, 2010, 6:49 pm

[…] can also create these adorable tissue paper carnations from Folding Trees. These would be super cute in a bunch as a centerpiece or even held as a […]

Comment from Amor
Time: January 13, 2011, 1:01 am

Thank you for this tutorials, I find it very nice and pleasing!
Very Beautiful and easy to learn.

Comment from FabCraft
Time: January 20, 2011, 6:30 am

Amazing flowers and easy tutorial

Comment from dsdsds
Time: January 23, 2011, 9:05 am

very hard to make

Comment from kim
Time: February 8, 2011, 12:29 am

Love these flowers. I was looking for something easy for my Girl Scouts to make for a Valentine bouquet. Thank you for the wonderful tutorial. This will be the pattern I use for all of the tissue paper flowers from now one. Beautiful and easy!! Thanks.

Pingback from My Turn to Party-Plan: Jessica Claire’s Bridal Shower! « Chenin Boutwell Photography
Time: February 16, 2011, 8:46 pm

[…] Here are links to some of the vendors and DIY details that we used -Paper PompomsPaper FlowersHeart-Shaped Measuring SpoonsEco-totes and Bridal Party TanksCupcake picksCupcake sprinkles, […]

Comment from Josephine
Time: March 14, 2011, 8:57 pm

Exciting artwork, I am encouraged after attending The Philly Flower Show on Sunday

Comment from Janice
Time: March 15, 2011, 10:56 pm

i love this tutorial..it’s so easy and detail..thanks :)

Comment from Ursula
Time: March 19, 2011, 10:23 am

Just fallen by this website, this tutorial is great and so easy to follow………..many thanks

Comment from Moushumi Ahmed
Time: March 27, 2011, 1:35 am

Excellent tutorial! Makes me believe the person behind this is as soft, tender and beautiful as these Carnations. Thank you so much!

Comment from Shaharyar Ahmad Siddiqui
Time: March 28, 2011, 2:49 pm

Beautiful flowers, looks difficult to make but you made it in an easy way

Comment from Mercy
Time: April 2, 2011, 11:36 pm

Estoy maravillada por encontrar esta gran sitio.Gracias por darnos este tutorial tan hermoso.Exitos.

Pingback from Papercraft Flowers | Hawaii Kawaii
Time: April 6, 2011, 2:44 pm

[…] Here is a link for the carnation tutorial. […]

Pingback from Tempo di primavera, tempo di fiori (fai da te) : InPausa – Notizie, giochi, video, trucchi e ricette per i tuoi momenti di pausa!
Time: April 15, 2011, 4:25 am

[…] dai tovaglioli nascono i fiori… No, non era proprio così, ma in questo caso ci può stare. Questi sono molto da camera da letto, delicati e ovattati, non hanno odore, di certo non vi daranno […]

Pingback from Cards and Flowers Anyone? « Uncharted
Time: April 19, 2011, 10:48 pm

[…] aunt for this lovely Polish substitution for butt} in gear.  I ended up following a mix of the tutorial Joi linked to and her own […]

Comment from C Dukes
Time: May 2, 2011, 10:32 am

Can’t wait to make these with my Sunday school class (11 & 12 yr.olds) for Mother’s Day. Think we will make a couple each and I will make extras so they can take mom a bouquet. How sweet~ Every mom will love them, I know I would!

Comment from Marcia
Time: May 6, 2011, 6:20 am

Nossa que idéia maravilhosa fiquei encantada com a facilidade de ser feita e com o resultado belissimo parabens.

Comment from lesleypeters
Time: May 16, 2011, 1:32 pm

Many thanks am going to use this technique at a club I run for adults with learning difficulties

Comment from mini
Time: May 22, 2011, 5:59 am

hi….many thanks for a simple technique wit an easily available material.

Pingback from Fine anno scolastico: regali per le maestre fai da te | Blogmamma.it
Time: May 24, 2011, 3:44 am

[…] foldingtrees.com […]

Comment from sushmitha
Time: June 2, 2011, 8:16 am

simply AWESOME:)

Comment from boo one 2
Time: June 2, 2011, 4:52 pm

beautiful!!! :DD

Comment from Ashleigh
Time: June 2, 2011, 6:35 pm

I love these! And they are so simple. Where i live it costs $45 for a dozen carnations so i had no choice but to make them for an upcoming party. I am so thankful that these are not only easy, but beautiful!

Comment from boo one 2
Time: June 5, 2011, 10:03 pm

I love this idea so much im going to use it for a demonstration speech in front of my 8th grade English class!! thanks i think im going to get a 100% !!

Comment from stephanie
Time: June 8, 2011, 9:04 pm

i LOVE this idea and the flowers come out beautifull!!! this was perfect for me, i have a friend who just had a bone marrow transplant and she can not have any fresh plants or flowers in her room so i decided to make her some paper flowers. i was delighted to run across your website. i had nevere seen this kind of paper flowers before. thank you so much for a wonderfull idea :)

Comment from dalel
Time: June 17, 2011, 4:26 pm

waw c tof vraiment c trés jolie

Pingback from Servietten-Blume « K O R O N A ' s
Time: June 18, 2011, 2:08 am

[…] Die Anleitung für diese Servietten-Blume (leicht abgewandelt)  fand ich bei Foldingtrees.com, total easy […]

Comment from rajan
Time: June 24, 2011, 3:31 am

great, and a very good work

Comment from jyotsna
Time: June 28, 2011, 6:52 am

simply beautiful!!!! n simple too

Comment from craftie
Time: July 5, 2011, 4:43 am

my my u r doing a fab job..beautiful beautiful ideas n then running a tutorial free of cost..wonderful contribution to the world of art..standing ovation! =) I love these..keep up d gud work

Comment from Cate
Time: July 17, 2011, 10:04 am

I love these! I saw similar ones at Pottery Barn Kids and want to make them for my daughter’s room. I can’t wait to start!!

Comment from Clarence
Time: July 22, 2011, 11:16 am

Those look beautiful. Than kyou for sharing simple ways to make the home beautiful

Comment from Bev
Time: July 23, 2011, 5:24 pm

OMG these are so pretty!!! My husband and I are renewing our vows and I am very frugal and can’t see spending $56 for a carnation bouquet when I can make these and I can premake them and then put them away until sept and I will do smaller ones to decorate twig centerpieces with. Thank you so much for posting this!!!!!

Comment from Priyanka
Time: July 26, 2011, 6:11 am

this is really awesome!! it came out amazing… i tried it with red crape paper.

Comment from sharish swejal
Time: July 28, 2011, 8:18 am

hi

the flowers u made were just amazing and easy to make

i loved it

thanks

Comment from edeliz
Time: August 1, 2011, 8:26 am

What lovely flowers i would love to try them out! Great insructions

Comment from dua shariq
Time: August 3, 2011, 4:41 am

oh my god what a beautiful flowers its so easy n i loved it

Pingback from DIY Tissue Paper Carnations « The Bridal Archive
Time: August 10, 2011, 6:03 pm

[…] came across Folding Trees which is a site dedicated to do it yourself projects. Check out this Tissue Paper Carnations idea and let me know what you […]

Comment from swetha
Time: August 17, 2011, 7:40 am

Really very beautiful. Thank you for sharing………

Comment from surbhi
Time: August 19, 2011, 1:45 pm

very easy and beautiful,i like it very much.

Comment from Mary
Time: August 19, 2011, 7:48 pm

Como Deus é maravilho dá cada inspiração a nós, eu estou encantada com tudo q vc faz de coisas tão simples e q torna um encanto. Sou socióloga, porém, já estou aposentada e hoje me dedico a meus artesanatos e sempre querendo mais aprender . Q nosso Pai Onipotente te dê muito momentos de inspiração e q possa nos passar. Obrigado Deus por ter pessoas como vc. Abraço , até a próxima, MaryJó . Recife/PE, 20.08.2011

Comment from Theo Gibson
Time: August 22, 2011, 5:25 pm

This is a really wonderful tutorial. You made it so easy. I have just made some as large flowers, and some as small heads to put on my cards. Thank you so much, it is great when people like you are generous enough to share your ideas with others.

Comment from Laura
Time: September 7, 2011, 2:16 pm

These are awesome! I’m making two vases full of them for a baby shower this weekend. Great tutorial, easy to follow, and I can work on them while watching TV. Perfect! Thanks so much!

Pingback from Passo a Passo Flor de Papel de Seda | Painel Criativo
Time: September 20, 2011, 5:40 am

[…] de hoje é esse lindo passo a passo de flor feita com papel de seda, que encontrei no site Folding trees. Olha como ficou chique esse arranjo para decorar sua casa, você também pode utilizar esse modelo […]

Comment from Sonia
Time: September 21, 2011, 6:31 am

Maravilhosa….!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comment from Vanessa
Time: October 1, 2011, 12:51 am

Your tutorial is fantastic! Our 9 year old granddaughter will be coming over next weekend and I think she will love making these (so will grammy lol). Thank you for the terrific craft idea and the directions.

Comment from saranya
Time: October 7, 2011, 10:32 am

great job… very easy to make at the same time looks rich

Comment from Srtª Porfirio
Time: October 8, 2011, 9:59 am

Eu fiz e coloquei no meu quarto pra decorar,.amei!

Comment from wanna
Time: October 10, 2011, 4:39 am

woww!!!
gorgeous!!!!seriously isnpired me to make it!!!!

Comment from Narelle
Time: October 29, 2011, 9:29 am

omg they are gorgeous :) it is so funny how you can forget things. I am here planning my wedding looking for in season flowers for summer and feeling a bit disappointed because carnations are my fave flower and i am on a very tight budget. when i remembered my mum used to make carnations out of tissues when i was a child. so i googled and came here my god i know it will be hard work but i will make these for our wedding :) Thankyou so much

Comment from Aida
Time: December 24, 2011, 8:59 pm

Thank you! Now I going to make them for friends and family

Comment from élise
Time: January 6, 2012, 4:23 pm

merci pour cette explication
ces roses sont très très belles
bonnesoirée
élise

Comment from Mansi
Time: January 11, 2012, 5:53 am

Excellent!! your tutorial was really helpful.. I have made few of these after reading your blog.. and I must say ,they look beautiful!! :) Thanks for the blog..

Pingback from Crazy Catch-Up Post « Jen Kim Made
Time: January 16, 2012, 10:21 pm

[…] to shop for Mother’s Day. I also made my Mom a little tissue paper carnation corsage with this tutorial from Folding Trees and now there are only 20 more days of May and so much more to do…! Share […]

Pingback from Paper Carnations « What’s Mom Up To
Time: January 25, 2012, 6:07 pm

[…] You can find a tutorial for this project at http://foldingtrees.com/2008/08/flower-week-tissue-paper-carnations/ […]

Comment from vin
Time: February 19, 2012, 11:44 pm

amazing piece of work

Pingback from Carly’s Floral Bridal Shower: April 2010 « While Everyone Else Is Sleeping
Time: February 27, 2012, 1:08 pm

[…] carnations were super easy to make using simple directions from FoldingTrees.com. We scattered them throughout the designated eating areas to add pops of color to the festivities […]

Comment from Daisy
Time: February 29, 2012, 5:28 am

Wonderful! Thank you for sharing. love it

Comment from shubha
Time: March 5, 2012, 12:46 am

i love those flowers they are fantastic! i also try to make these flowers and i gave to my mom she said it is really good so it is a nice tutorial !!!!

Comment from emil
Time: March 6, 2012, 3:32 am

ty, its a great help

Comment from Sidrah
Time: March 14, 2012, 2:50 pm

you just made me me waste my tissue paper for no reason you shouldn’t put on these websites if nobody can do them .your just wasting space on the website and peoples time. Just because your good at it don’t mean that everyone would be.

Comment from dakshita
Time: March 15, 2012, 7:49 am

awesome! easy video can be added to make more easy

Comment from madhura
Time: April 4, 2012, 6:07 am

Its awsome! so sweet are they as well as helpful. my mother loved them. she too red your blog as she to wanted to learn to make these. They are simply beautiful! Thanks! :)

Comment from Kelly
Time: April 8, 2012, 8:25 pm

I just made a red carnation, i like it! Thanks for sharing!

Comment from Laura
Time: April 10, 2012, 11:44 am

Found this on Pinterest. we will make these with our grade school age children for a mother’s day treat!

Comment from chandan massey
Time: April 13, 2012, 10:56 am

i love them. they are really so simple to make yet they look so pretty

Comment from abayon’s wife
Time: April 13, 2012, 11:20 pm

I really like your flowers and your guide.. i will do this one.. thank you so much

Pingback from Festa della Mamma: regali fatti in casa eco-friendly ed economici | Arredare casa
Time: April 30, 2012, 1:10 am

[…] Questo è un mazzo di peonie o garofani fatto con… i tovagliolini di carta. Guardate quanto è facile farlo (anche se sembra impossibile). E sembrano assolutamente veri! Via Folding Trees. […]

Pingback from Boston Interiors Blog| Boston Interiors Furniture Stores MA | 7 Boston MA Area Furniture Store Locations
Time: May 7, 2012, 11:27 am

[…] the kids involved, make mom feel like a queen for a day with a custom chair cover or make her a tissue paper bouquet she can enjoy all year […]

Pingback from diy: tissue paper flowers » khphotography.net
Time: May 7, 2012, 7:04 pm

[…] colorado isn’t exactly the most lush place to get great flowers on the cheap.  so i found this tutorial via pinterest and added my own twist (in other words…..i didn’t have all the […]

Comment from Lola Sriram
Time: May 12, 2012, 4:38 pm

OMG! I absolutely love these! They are so pretty and easy to make! Thanks!

Comment from Arul mozhi
Time: May 13, 2012, 8:23 am

nice flowers

Pingback from DIY White and Pink Paper Tissue Carnations | Budget Brides Guide : A Wedding Blog
Time: May 16, 2012, 6:42 am

[…] via and a very detailed tutorial at Folding Trees […]

Comment from SARA
Time: May 18, 2012, 8:13 am

i like that thanks a million

Comment from priyanka
Time: May 28, 2012, 5:31 am

its reli awsummmm….. n easy tooo… v wud lik to learn more stuff lik dis..

Comment from fern
Time: May 31, 2012, 2:16 pm

Thank you so very much…. My daughter is getting married soon and this paper flower will work wonderfully.
I have a question for you…… Have you made a tissue paper rose? If you have could you please share it with us? Thank you so much….

Comment from shamili
Time: June 1, 2012, 6:19 am

really……………..very nice…………

Comment from Marni
Time: June 2, 2012, 10:40 am

My grandmother showed me how to make these some 50+ years ago. I’d forgotten how and was looking for directions. Thanks. Where is the rest of Flower Week? I’d like a bouqet of all different kinds.

Comment from spuf
Time: June 7, 2012, 6:26 am

awesome

Comment from Chelsea
Time: June 12, 2012, 8:58 pm

One trick that has worked for me is you crinkle the petals tightly then BLOW on them to open them to you liking.

Pingback from Make A Pretty Vase Out Of Marbles And A Mayo Jar
Time: June 13, 2012, 4:18 pm

[…] fill your vase? Don’t miss the tutorial to make those gorgeous tissue paper carnations from Folding Trees (shown in the photo […]

Comment from kty
Time: July 26, 2012, 3:48 am

tout simplement superbe!! magnifique!
merci pour ce tuto
bravo
bises
kty

Comment from Gladys
Time: August 15, 2012, 9:08 pm

These are a perfect gift for mom’s birthday tomorrow! Yay!
I’ve been scouring the internet to find the perfect paper flower to make!
Thank you!!

Comment from juhi
Time: August 20, 2012, 6:36 am

easy plus amazing! :)

Comment from Samruddhi
Time: September 1, 2012, 6:02 am

The best flower I ever learnt.

Comment from rhonda bennett
Time: September 6, 2012, 10:46 pm

Was wondering. Will the circle flowers work with paper. I’m doing a BINGO themed party for my mothers 70th Surprise Bday & I’m looking to make paper flowers out of BINGO SHEETS. this looks so exciting & very easy! which I need, I’m running out of time to make something for my center pieces which I want to be a Vase with flowers but wanted to do something unique not buy live flowers? Thanks for your quick response!!

Comment from June
Time: September 8, 2012, 11:31 am

You could try it, Rhonda, but I don’t think it would work well unless the paper is very thin – normal paper won’t crumple in the same way. Couldn’t hurt to try it with a few sheets though (you’d need far fewer sheets than with tissue paper because the paper is thicker).

Comment from Luz
Time: October 12, 2012, 7:53 pm

I remember making tissue flowers when I was little. They look beautiful! thanks for the tutorial

Comment from haanna10
Time: October 15, 2012, 5:15 am

It was wonderful! Thank you!

Comment from silver moon
Time: October 27, 2012, 8:46 am

it is very nice work i made o lot of this but how i can protect these flower from dust and rupture??? can i use specific material for this progress??

Comment from Sarah Jackson
Time: November 1, 2012, 4:52 am

smart tips for making superb flowers gifts :D

Comment from I love crafts
Time: November 8, 2012, 11:29 pm

I made carnations as buttonholes for my Wedding 33 years ago!!!
I sprayed them with Hairspray to give them a nice finish :-D

Comment from urmi
Time: January 15, 2013, 8:29 pm

wonderful i came across for the first time. thnx

Comment from peter ojo
Time: January 29, 2013, 4:26 pm

wow this is very beautiful

Comment from Mac
Time: January 30, 2013, 2:55 am

Wow! i was asked to make these and for an unartistic usless bloke i am really impressed with what i managed to make. Thank you so much for this tutorial i have now got some brownie points.

Cheers

Comment from davina
Time: February 5, 2013, 9:22 am

I came across this site by accident. arnt i glad I found it :) As i run a rainbow and brownie group I am always looking for cool and easy things to make for ages 5-10 yr olds and i found loads on here.Thanks for making my life easy ;)

Comment from vishal
Time: February 6, 2013, 5:03 am

i tired it ….superb…..and so easy….it look so real…
I Loved It…
everyone should try

Comment from kath
Time: February 7, 2013, 3:05 pm

merci vous me facilitez la vie une fois finie je trempait les bords de mes fleurs dans de l encre c’est beaucoup plus facile comme vous faites de plus un trés beau rendu

Comment from Daryl
Time: February 8, 2013, 9:39 pm

I really really like this post,, It was really beautiful , I have made mine :) for my cubicle :)

Comment from OneMommy
Time: February 13, 2013, 5:01 pm

I remember making those as a kid — yours are beautiful!

Comment from madhumita
Time: February 27, 2013, 2:37 am

Its beautiful and easy for my baby thanks a lot

Comment from Sue Keida
Time: March 21, 2013, 9:57 pm

I stumbled on to your site and now I can’t stop making these!!! :)
I’ve made about 2 dozen already and I’m obsessed!
Thanks so much!

Comment from richita
Time: March 28, 2013, 6:45 am

this was an awesome experience i cant believe myself i did it thanks to folding trees

Comment from Hannah
Time: April 5, 2013, 12:57 am

They are gorgeous! I was looking for how to make paper roses but this is infinitely better. I might add as an accessory to the invite i make. (wish i could maka a donation, but i will share it others to help yo cause!)
May i ask, could i use a plastic straw instead of a pipe cleaner and will facial tissue wk.

Comment from chhaya surti sankath
Time: April 24, 2013, 5:10 am

amazing flower making tips.such a helpful tutorial.
In fact i incentiwise my niece everyday with one type of flower a day. She is very fond of art and craft.
And looks forward to each day for making a new flower.
Thanks a ton!

Comment from barbara feflie
Time: May 7, 2013, 9:06 pm

Everyone just loved them flowers and they are so easy. I did them in white with purple and got a purple vase.

Comment from alexandria
Time: May 8, 2013, 5:23 pm

i like this

Comment from RAJU SHIVAJI BANGAR
Time: May 15, 2013, 4:46 am

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
nice””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””’

Comment from Likitha
Time: July 21, 2013, 9:55 am

Very good flower making I. Love this

Comment from Nina
Time: July 28, 2013, 11:33 am

I have these flowers for 50 years of marriage my grandparents made ??I was busy for a while but it was worth it! You can also sides with glitter pens mean gives a very nice effect! thanks for the idea and for any other ideas on your website!

Pingback from Party Time! DIY Decorations | Scrubbed In: The Nurse.com Store Blog
Time: August 1, 2013, 12:46 pm

[…] affordable, don’t need water and never wilt. And the color schemes are endless. Try this beginner-friendly tutorial here. (From FoldingTrees.com). Or if you’re ready to take on something a little more complex, […]

Pingback from My first Craft project | Just D Usual
Time: October 16, 2013, 8:40 am

[…] A simple google search on ‘Tissue paper carnations” would show us a wonderful bouquet of these from Folding Trees. There is a wonderful tutorial in their website that can help beginners like me. Please find the tutorial here. […]

Comment from umer
Time: October 31, 2013, 10:31 am

nice very nice:d

Comment from saba
Time: December 7, 2013, 6:03 pm

wowww so nice
i wanna make it
whats the material of the paper?!

Comment from FELMY JOHNSON
Time: January 6, 2014, 3:59 am

VERY NICE

Comment from linda
Time: January 11, 2014, 9:07 pm

great instructions!!! so easy to follow!! thanks for sharing! I am making these to use in my center pieces for my daughters sweet 16 party, in the colors, gold, purple and green as her theme is mardi gras.

Comment from lavanya
Time: February 17, 2014, 6:13 am

Amazing…………..Great tutorial…………..the flowers look so real

Comment from jeenu Ajay
Time: February 23, 2014, 3:05 am

sooooooo gud,……….its very nice

Comment from oksi
Time: March 8, 2014, 11:09 am

veeeery beautiful<3

Comment from ram
Time: March 15, 2014, 11:53 am

i like it very much i will try that

Comment from muthu lakshmi
Time: April 17, 2014, 12:06 pm

I like it so much….its very very beautifull and easy to make

Comment from lisa
Time: May 9, 2014, 10:06 am

that is very beautifullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll :-)

Comment from rosi ferreira
Time: May 21, 2014, 2:07 pm

quer receber novidades.
sucesso

Comment from najma
Time: October 8, 2014, 11:31 am

so nice i will try soon :)

Comment from The Duchess
Time: November 9, 2014, 4:32 pm

Lovely!made some “tiny”1 inch also. Great for lapels.Thanks so much for sharing.

Write a comment

Current ye@r *

Please leave these two fields as-is:

Protected by Invisible Defender. Showed 403 to 193,928 bad guys.