Main menu:

Advertise with Folding Trees

Link to us:

Fine Print

If you wish to use our images on your own blog or website, we ask that that you link back to us and give us credit for our work. Thanks!

Categories

Site search

www.flickr.com
items in Folding Trees More in Folding Trees pool

Archives

FT on Facebook

Folding Trees on Facebook

Kusudama Tutorial part 2

Today I am showing you part 2 of how to make a kusudama ball. You can find the first part here.

In part 1, I showed you have to make the individual flowers; you should now have 12 flowers made from 60 individual petals.

For part 2 you will need:

• 12 flowers (made from 60 petals)
  • Glue
  • String or a ribbon
  • Bead(s)

As you might be able to see from the finished kusudama at the top of the page, I made 6 flowers from blue paper and 6 flowers from a recycled map. To make it easier to see how I am putting the ball together I will use 1 blue flower in the middle and 5 map flowers around it.

Start to glue the flowers together one petal at the time - this will give the nicest result. In the photo (right) you can see that you apply the glue a little to the right of the middle line. Hold the 2 pieces together in place with your fingers until the glue is dry. Then glue the second petal in the same way.

When you add the 3rd flower, there are 3 petals to connect. Make sure you work from the middle; glue, hold in place, wait until the glue is dry. Now work your way all around the first flower.

After you have attached all 6 flowers you end up with 2 sets of half a kusudama. Now it is time to attach the cord.

I used 3 beads on the bottom. (Left pic) I made a knot over the first bead to lock it in place and then put the other beads on the string, locking it in again with an overhand knot.

Now take one of your 1/2 kusudamas and put some glue on the top. You can see the yellow glue I used on the right-hand picture.

Glue your string down, making sure it is nice and straight. Now glue the other half of the string down, making sure this time that you put the glue exactly on the middle of the petal. After this is nice and dry, start gluing the other half of the kusudama on top of the first half. I normally work around from the top.

That’s it! You have finished your kusudama ball, now find a nice spot in your home for it.

In the last photo you can see another kusudama I finished earlier. As you can see, I used the variation on the pattern I showed you in part 1, so the flowers look a little different.

If you are having a go with this 2 part tutorial we would love to see your work! Please upload your pics to the Folding Trees Flickr group and maybe you will be featured in our next round up.

If you’d like to see some more original Folding Trees tutorials by Eve or June have a look here.

Comments

Comment from McCrafty
Time: November 6, 2008, 6:19 am

I love it! Thanks for tutorial…I enjoy reading your blog :).

Comment from Nancy
Time: November 6, 2008, 10:19 am

Thank you so much for the wonderfully detailed tutorial. Can’t wait to try my hand at this.

Comment from Lynn in Tucson
Time: November 6, 2008, 11:33 am

Lovely! I especially like the one with the map pages.

Comment from lilfairy
Time: November 6, 2008, 1:58 pm

just wonderful!!! I had to write a post about your site. Please let me know whether I infringe any copyright statement, I’ll be happy to suit you.

Comment from lilfairy
Time: November 6, 2008, 2:00 pm

oh, the post is there: http://blogs.atelier-media.net/freshtouch/2008/11/06/folding-trees/

Pingback from fresh:touch » Blog Archive » Folding Trees
Time: November 6, 2008, 2:04 pm

[...] (clic here for tutorial – part 2) [...]

Comment from Rachel
Time: November 6, 2008, 2:09 pm

BEAUTIFUL! I can’t wait to get started. I’ll be linking as well.

Pingback from Folding Trees » Kusudama Tutorial part 1
Time: November 6, 2008, 5:58 pm

[...] Below I will show you how to make the basic shape, you need to make 60 of these. Every flower will then have 5 of these shapes or petals glued together, making a total of 12 flowers. I will explain how to glue them together in a tutorial later this week…, you can find part 2 here. [...]

Comment from Pina
Time: November 7, 2008, 2:40 am

Thanks for this tutorial, I love these flowers. I’ve made only one flower this far but I will make some more, colorful ones, for my grandmom’s birthday which is in two weeks. Half of kusudama will fit perfectly on the present for her. :)

Comment from Startare
Time: November 7, 2008, 8:03 am

C’est magnifique. Merci

Comment from Howtoorigami
Time: November 7, 2008, 10:34 am

This is such a beautiful arrangement. I am trying it out right now!

Comment from BUSIR
Time: November 8, 2008, 1:44 pm

Wonderful !I made a flower right away !I never thought Iwould be able to make it !(I ‘m 71 today)it’s so wonderful to find tutorials like these !Y.S

Comment from Sandy
Time: November 9, 2008, 4:35 pm

Thanks for the wonderful tutorial.

Happy, happy birthday, BUSIR!!!!

Comment from Larissa Holland
Time: November 10, 2008, 8:24 am

I really would like to thank you for this and many of your other beautiful tutorials. I love the pod beads too. I can’t wait to try this, I have my origami paper out on the cutting board. You rock!

Comment from Catriona
Time: November 10, 2008, 4:25 pm

That’s SO pretty!
As soon as I get some decent paper, I’m definetly making one!
Thanks for sharing….. :)

Comment from Linda
Time: November 11, 2008, 1:58 pm

another simple, elegant and inexpensive project to try…..thinkin i’d like a mobile using these – perhaps tiny one too. this website has made it difficult to do my chores….LOL
and i’ve had a blast finding appropriate items (simple,elegant, inevpensive) to offer as gifts : – )

Comment from Solange
Time: November 12, 2008, 9:15 am

I like your creations. Is it possible to copy your tutorial on my website ?

Pingback from IL NATALE E’ ALLE PORTE…Ingegnamoci « IL PUNTO DI SVOLTA
Time: November 14, 2008, 5:20 am

[...] Kusudama sono sfere di carta realizzate incollando origami fra loro, una delle più antiche e originali invenzioni del paese del Sol Levante. Possono diventare addobbi poco costosi e stravaganti per il nostro albero che quest’anno sarà in stile esotico. Il tutorial, per immagini, è diviso in due parti Parte 1 Parte 2 [...]

Comment from Jess
Time: November 17, 2008, 6:57 pm

Thank you so much for this tutorial! I made one last night and will be making more for sure!

Comment from Molly
Time: November 18, 2008, 3:39 pm

Very cool! Can’t wait to try it!

Pingback from Origami
Time: November 21, 2008, 4:11 am

[...] Segunda parte [...]

Comment from Taylor
Time: November 22, 2008, 8:05 am

These are beautiful…I think I’m gonna give it a try, it looks pretty simple.

I was thinking…the perfect way to hold then together would be BOBBY PINS for your hair. hey’re even thinner than paperclips, and a bit easier to work around…

Comment from Caterina
Time: November 24, 2008, 3:49 am

Wonderful and really easy to do!
Tutorial is perfect.
Thank you for this cheap idea!

Comment from melissaosue
Time: November 25, 2008, 3:57 pm

Wow! I love this tutorial thank you so much! Actually I love the entire site!

Comment from hannah
Time: November 29, 2008, 3:18 am

love it! my cousins kids all just redid their rooms, so i made them some for christmas presents!

Pingback from Ancora decorazioni con la carta – Caputo’s blog – Informatica, tecnologia, programmazione, fai da te, papercraft e papertoy
Time: November 30, 2008, 10:51 am

[...] TUTORIAL2 Potresti trovare interessanti anche gli articoli:No related posts [...]

Comment from ORIGAMI FAN
Time: December 6, 2008, 3:16 am

THANK YOU FOR THE TUTRIALS!!! THE FLOWERS CAME OUT VERY BEAUTIFAL!! =D

Comment from Phill P
Time: December 13, 2008, 6:01 pm

So, so pretty, I followed your tut ,by the way, nice and easy to follow, and made my first ever kusadama ball and I,m thrilled with the result.
My camera is bust but when I get a new one I’ll send youy some pics!!
Thanks again.

Comment from Silvia Mabie
Time: December 18, 2008, 11:53 am

I have made the Kusudama balls several times and have linked your tutorial on my blog! LOVE this!!!

Pingback from kusudama « mille makes…
Time: February 4, 2009, 4:52 pm

[...] well… it’s quite a bit of work… . . you can find the tutorial here: part one – part two. Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)Pictures from the Ball Part IILeaves,Flowers and [...]

Comment from María T. Esteves
Time: February 13, 2009, 2:06 pm

Looooove your work, God bless your hands…

Comment from francis
Time: February 17, 2009, 9:42 am

gracias por este tutorial, maravilloso y facil, seguir los pasos precisos hace que esto sea mas facil, realmente felicitaciones ¡¡¡

Comment from Kim
Time: February 19, 2009, 3:41 pm

These are beautiful. Would they not make a beautiful wedding bouquet or decoration for a contempary or asian theme wedding!!

Comment from Alex C.
Time: March 3, 2009, 4:31 pm

I like to use sticky notes on my kasudama becouse you dont have to do any cutting,its quiker ,its cheap, and when you finish i will look nice. I gave my girlfriend one on or first date. on our second date i mad two fowers together…an then on our 12th date i gave her a kasudama ball

Comment from Alex C.
Time: March 3, 2009, 4:33 pm

ive found the exact way that this website shows on other sites but this one i actually understand

Comment from kunjootty
Time: March 23, 2009, 8:01 am

wow… that was so simple.. and so beautiful!!! loved the finished product!! :-) thanks for the simple tutorial and nice pictures!! :-)

Pingback from Kusudama Flower – Origami | Get Crafty
Time: April 2, 2009, 2:54 pm

[...] Origami is the Japanese Art of Paper Folding. This is my first attempt in Origami – it’s a kusudama flower ball. I made this using red paper and Sunday magazine newspaper.The Japanese kusudama is a paper ball made out of multiple identical origami shapes glued together. They were traditionally used as a ball for incense or potpourri but now we see them more for decoration or as a gift. For tutorials do check – Folding Trees [...]

Pingback from SuperCute! » Folding Trees
Time: April 28, 2009, 10:36 am

[...] kusudama tutorial part 2 [...]

Comment from Ducarmo
Time: April 29, 2009, 6:59 pm

maravilhoso seu Blog, há muito queria fazer um kusudama, achei tudo que precisava aqui.

Pingback from Craft Leftovers » Ah the Craft of it all!
Time: April 30, 2009, 1:28 am

[...] 1. A two part post on making a Japanese Kusudama – the flowers are pretty amazing just on their own, great for using up paper scraps for sure! Part I & Part II. [...]

Comment from Sujana
Time: May 4, 2009, 6:14 am

Hi,
Last thursday, i visited ur site for the first time. I liked this Kusudama flower ball. I was very much excited after going thru ur tutorial. and I completed my first Origami art over the weekend. Thank Q so much for the clear tutorial. Will upload my flower ball fotos soon on ur site.

Comment from jman
Time: May 7, 2009, 9:55 am

i just did this and the outcome was great! The size of them is just perfect. I gave them for a present and an ortament out of these is a great idea! Thanks and keep folding!

Pingback from Just in time for mother’s day – Teen E-dition @ FPL
Time: May 7, 2009, 4:06 pm

[...] Tutorial part 2 You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. [...]

Pingback from DIY Wedding Details: Kusudama Paper Flowers | Inspirations & Creations – Elizabeth Anne Designs: The Wedding Blog
Time: July 13, 2009, 9:32 pm

[...] part 1 and 2 via Whip Up} You might also enjoy: DIY Wedding Details: Fabric Flower Bowls DIY Wedding [...]

Comment from Green girl
Time: August 5, 2009, 3:22 am

nice idea…
could send me somw more with other idea..as wht v can do with these beautiful flowersssssss

Comment from ieza
Time: August 6, 2009, 8:48 pm

thank you..i have made myself a kudusama flower thanks to your tutorial..

Pingback from G?l?toji kusudama (nuotraukos) « Origami ir kusudamos
Time: August 10, 2009, 3:24 am

[...] Liepa 12, 2009 by Simetrija Dali? skai?ius: 60 (5×12) Popierius: spalvotas kopijavimo popierius, 15 lap? Sujungimas: klijais Instrukcija (angliškai): Pirma dalis: kaip pasidaryti g?l? Antra dalis: kaip suklijuoti g?les [...]

Comment from Lucky
Time: August 24, 2009, 12:06 pm

Terima kasih banyak. Saya sangat menyukainya. Terima kasih tutorialnya.

Comment from Roberto Da Silva
Time: October 17, 2009, 7:35 pm

Very nice and very great thank`s My wife make a nice and beutiful staff

Comment from Roberto Da Silva
Time: October 17, 2009, 7:37 pm

Muito maneiro e bonito o estilo amei o trabalho de arte, Minha esposa fez e e lindo obrigadao

Roberto

Comment from Jolene
Time: November 2, 2009, 12:34 am

Thank you so much for sharing the tutorial.

Comment from Lynn Pratt
Time: December 4, 2009, 5:07 pm

I love this! Here is the one that I did, thanks for the great instructions!

Pingback from Don’t believe the florist when he tells you that the roses are free « Mama See Mama Do
Time: December 10, 2009, 3:41 am

[...] Kusudama Flowers (view part 1 and part 2) [...]

Comment from sue
Time: December 10, 2009, 11:07 am

These are beautiful! A local store made a wall display of the individual flowers and kindly shared your tutorial location. Will be having fun over winter break making these with kids.

Comment from Brent
Time: December 20, 2009, 1:39 am

Absolutely best tip ever for this: Use Krazy glue. It makes this infinitely easier.

Instant bonding ftw!

Cheers,
Brent

Pingback from Kusudama Craze « Dinithi's Alcove
Time: December 30, 2009, 9:15 am

[...] http://foldingtrees.com/2008/11/kusudama-tutorial-part-2/ [...]

Comment from Dinithi
Time: January 15, 2010, 9:35 am

Thank you for this well explained tutorial… What I made for Christmas is here :)

Comment from Aris
Time: January 24, 2010, 9:56 pm

Easy-to-understand Tutorial, Thanks!!
And they’re beautiful!

Comment from Mary Ann
Time: March 8, 2010, 4:14 pm

Absolutely beautiful! I’m off to cut out some paper squares right now!!! Cheers!

Comment from Nelia
Time: March 10, 2010, 11:27 am

Obrigada pela ajuda, pois adoro estas flores, alias, tudo o que tem a ver com papel. vou já fazê-las.

Comment from stella
Time: March 12, 2010, 11:07 pm

QUE BONITO TODO…GRACIAS POR COMPARTIRLO!!!!!!!!!!

Comment from Bakerswife
Time: April 2, 2010, 10:35 pm

Thanks for this great tutorial! I have had so much fun making these. I discovered an amazing tip to help with the gluing process- hold the petals and flowers together with a hairpin while the glue is setting. I used 10, they work great!

Pingback from Crafters Medley: 27 Neat-O Projects To Make (November) : TipNut.com
Time: April 17, 2010, 11:42 pm

[...] How To Make A Kusudama Ball: A sweet project using origami Kusadama Flowers to make a ball. It’s a two part tutorial, the first part shows you how to make the flowers themselves which are also shown here: How To Make Origami Kusadama Flowers. [...]

Comment from Taryn
Time: May 13, 2010, 3:29 am

Thank you soooo much for doing this! I’ve been searching and searching for a tutorial on these to use for my wedding!

Comment from Erin
Time: May 15, 2010, 10:29 pm

Just finished mine today! I made my petals out of paper a little bigger than this and it came out fantastic! I made this for a friend and am really reluctant on giving it to her. Thank you for the awesome tutorial!

Pingback from Tuesday Tute – Make an Origami Kusudama « Epheriell Designs
Time: July 26, 2010, 6:05 pm

[...] first one is from Folding Trees – and it’s made with old [...]

Pingback from DIY craft for the week~ “Paper Kusudama Flower” « Skeletons and Lace
Time: August 1, 2010, 6:44 pm

Comment from Karen hornsten
Time: August 8, 2010, 6:29 pm

I am thrilled to begin making these. I have individual flowers for sale on Etsy. I have just assembled a small corsage with six flowers and the traditional five ribbons hanging from the middle. My first project thanks to your amazing instructions.

Pingback from DIY Paper Wedding Flowers | Wedloft by WeddingWindow.com
Time: September 9, 2010, 9:45 am

[...] Trees Tutorial- Part 1 Folding Trees Tutorial- Part 2, Kusudama Ball Find Inspirations Tutorial Wedding Paper Divas Tutorial Cute Factor Tutorial eHow [...]

Comment from ARCHANA
Time: September 12, 2010, 7:38 am

thank u so much for wonderful details tutorials & i love it !

Comment from ara
Time: September 19, 2010, 6:02 am

i love it…. <3 thank you.. :)

Comment from Sanjyoti
Time: October 8, 2010, 10:05 am

nice

Pingback from Folding a cute japanese Kusudama^^ « Maiyuki ????
Time: October 12, 2010, 12:28 pm

[...] Pic Source 2 [...]

Comment from AURORA
Time: October 16, 2010, 5:47 am

THANKS! NICE!

Comment from poornima
Time: October 21, 2010, 9:56 am

Thank yo very much. I was thrilled when i went thro your tutorial. i am now working at making these hangings for decoration during diwali out here in India. Thanx once again.

Comment from AnythingCutexD
Time: October 22, 2010, 2:41 am

cute n nice ~

Pingback from Folding Trees » A Big Decision
Time: October 22, 2010, 11:25 am

[...] from top left: 1) June’s Tissue Paper Carnations; 2) Eve’s Kusudama Ball (part 1 & part 2); 3) June’s Lucky Wishing Stars; 4) Eve’s Balloon [...]

Comment from Fran
Time: November 6, 2010, 5:02 pm

These are just stunning. I know I’m buying some scrapbook paper to try my hand at this. The inside so resembles a quilled flower. Just marvelous technique and wonderful tutorial. Thank you.

Comment from Pam
Time: November 22, 2010, 5:56 pm

love these i am so going to try that.

Comment from Heather
Time: November 27, 2010, 6:06 pm

This is a great tutorial. I’m working on my first one now! Thanks for sharing!!!

Pingback from Il mio albero di Natale in stile giapponese ;-) « Foulard creativi
Time: December 11, 2010, 6:55 am

[...] Il kusudama è una pallina di carta formata da tanti piccoli origami. Ne esistono tantissimi tipi più o meno complessi.. un bel tutorial lo trovate anche qui e qui. [...]

Pingback from Kusudama Nathalie’s Flower « Panama Paper Folding
Time: January 17, 2011, 8:26 pm

[...] modelos por doblar, encontramos este lindo kusudama que es una variación del kusudama tradicional (Kusudama Ball), se llama Nathalie’s Flower y también consiste de 60 [...]

Pingback from [weekend projects] Stuff to Make « Counting the Leaves
Time: February 16, 2011, 6:02 pm

[...] these paper flowers are just the first step in creating a Japanese kusudama ball (which combines a total of 12 of these flowers into a sphere), I think they are lovely in their own [...]

Pingback from DIY Paper Flower Projects « Bandless Ear Muffs
Time: March 1, 2011, 1:25 am

[...] Kusudama Origami Paper Flowers (Part 2) [...]

Pingback from I migliori tutorial per creare fiori di carta | Mamma Felice
Time: March 21, 2011, 7:13 am

[...] velina, o ancora dei fiori origami bellissimi, con un tutorial fotografato in due parti: uno e due; – Le mie rose di carta preferite: create avvolgendo su se stessa una spirale di carta, via Dozi [...]

Pingback from Speedlink Saturday for Week Ending Apr 2/11
Time: April 2, 2011, 8:23 am

[...] how to make these paper flowers, shown at left, here at Folding [...]

Pingback from DIY les fleurs en origami | Le Meilleur du DIY
Time: April 18, 2011, 5:53 pm

[...] petit plus (quand vous maîtriserez à fond l’art de fabriquer des fleurs en papier : http://foldingtrees.com/2008/11/kusudama-tutorial-part-2/ [...]

Pingback from Festa della mamma : InPausa – Notizie, giochi, video, trucchi e ricette per i tuoi momenti di pausa!
Time: May 3, 2011, 4:02 am

[...] del classico bouquet di tulipani, perché non creiamo un mazzo di fiori di carta? Seguendo questo semplicissimo tutorial potrete creare una composizione floreale davvero unica e [...]

Comment from Nicole
Time: May 5, 2011, 4:56 pm

Thank you so much!! I am making these for my wedding, I am so inspired!!

Comment from soraya
Time: May 8, 2011, 10:36 am

thanks for the tutorial…i ve tried it…very nice

Comment from Amanda Larsen
Time: May 13, 2011, 3:32 pm

I love this! I’m putting them on my pews at my wedding! I think they are so creative!

Thanks!

Comment from Holly
Time: June 3, 2011, 11:12 am

I love it! I’m getting married in October and will be using these at my ceremony & reception for decorations!

Thanks for the craft!

Comment from Dolly
Time: June 27, 2011, 10:42 am

Fantástico! obrigada pelo tutorial
Dolly

Comment from Devon
Time: June 28, 2011, 11:22 am

I made the flowers and glued them together – they look great. I plan on using this as my bouquet for my wedding.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this into a wedding bouquet? I’m thinking wire down the middle with a green paper…

Comment from Mansie
Time: June 30, 2011, 8:14 am

hey can you please tell what you did to make that variation in the pattern so that the flowers look different? Oh, n BTW loved the tutorial and the step by step explanation!

Comment from Carole Holt
Time: August 4, 2011, 9:09 am

thanks so much i have been looking for these flowers for ages
can’t wait to try.

Comment from Crystal
Time: August 9, 2011, 11:14 pm

Love this! I’m having a 50th birthday party and I am making this along with other paper flowers as an inexpensive way to decorate. Can’t wait until my guest marvel at my construction paper decor.

Comment from marelle gungob
Time: September 4, 2011, 9:01 am

i love this paper folding,,,,

Comment from Ana
Time: September 13, 2011, 11:11 pm

Adorei, estava procurando esta flor ha muito tempo, adorei ter encontrado´.É um trabalho maravilhoso, só fiquei com dúvida na hora de fechar a pétala(primeira) pena que não tem explicação em português.
Abraço

Comment from akisi
Time: October 1, 2011, 7:29 pm

Thanx very much for the datailed tutorial…….can’t wait to go to school and teach my students with it for the upcoming art exhibition….vinaka

Pingback from Kusudama Paper Flowers | Chickiedee
Time: October 24, 2011, 10:36 pm

[...] These are too cool!  They are so clean and crisp looking… find the complete how-to at Folding Trees: Part 1 and Part 2 [...]

Pingback from 31 DIY projects in 31 days – Day Twenty | More Numerous Than Sand
Time: November 6, 2011, 7:20 pm

[...] tutorial from Folding Trees. There is also a part 2 to the tutorial which shows you how to make a kusudama ball out of the flowers. These awesome paper origami flowers were super easy to make, but time consuming. I made 12 [...]

Comment from jamess
Time: November 12, 2011, 5:39 pm

i loved making the ball, so relaxing… thanks..

Pingback from OVanniniBlog » Pensiamo già al Natale
Time: November 16, 2011, 12:11 pm

[...] per l’albero. il Per fare questa decorazioni ecco primo tutorial di questo kusudama e il secondo. a.s.2011-2012, Classe 5°A&B natale, origami 16 novembre 2011 11:42 Lascia un commento [...]

Pingback from Papier…
Time: November 29, 2011, 5:56 am

[...] tutaj(1) i tutaj(2). Posted in Dodatki, [...]

Comment from Bea
Time: December 19, 2011, 9:05 pm

Hi!
I love work and create beautiful things with paper!!!
Thanks a lot for share it with all of us.

B.

Comment from Stephanie
Time: December 28, 2011, 3:29 pm

Our youngest daughter Kellie made one of these balls for a Christmas present for her aunt….and when I first saw it I thought she had bought it! Now I will try my hand at it. Thanks for the great instructions.

Comment from Annette H
Time: February 16, 2012, 1:09 pm

Came here from Capadia Designs post
Very pretty!
Great Tutorials!!!

I will have to try this

thanks

Pingback from I used to be a Post it. « jennifer matsumoto
Time: February 29, 2012, 1:58 pm

[...] made 12 total flowers, which equal 60 individual Post its.  Together they make up this beautiful paper sculpture, which completely  takes it out of its objective [...]

Comment from Bonnie
Time: March 3, 2012, 10:38 pm

We’re trying to make these for a wedding but having difficulty putting the two halves together. Any suggestions?

Comment from Asha
Time: March 14, 2012, 1:26 am

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Comment from Savi
Time: March 22, 2012, 9:57 pm

Thanks for the tutorial! I had alot of fun making the flowers :) I turned them into mini paper bouquets, for my aunt and for my bestfriend! I hope they enjoy the beauty!

Comment from Joshelyn
Time: April 14, 2012, 3:03 am

I’m doing these bouquet of flowers for my daughters birthday. Thank you for the easy tutorial.

Comment from Hillary
Time: April 15, 2012, 9:44 pm

Absolutely adorable! I have finally found a hobby :) I made some cute flowers from my boyfriends old Sports Illustrated magazines !

Comment from neha
Time: April 23, 2012, 1:04 pm

i love to make that thanks for put her

Pingback from Festa della mamma: Un ciondolo realizzato co l’antica arte giapponese degli origami. « MatiteColorate
Time: May 4, 2012, 6:06 am

[...] Qui di seguito vi mostrerò come fare la forma di base, è necessario effettuare 60 di questi. Ogni fiore avranno poi 5 di queste forme o petali incollati insieme, per un totale di 12 fiori. Vi spiegherò come per incollare insieme in un tutorialfine di questa settimana …, è possibile trovare parte 2 qui . [...]

Comment from Ann Margret
Time: May 21, 2012, 2:56 am

For me, personally,I like the paper flowers with the single petal inside. Its more neat and pleasant to see. Thanks for the tut :D

Comment from sara
Time: May 22, 2012, 4:04 am

the flowers are beutifull

Comment from Aprilla F N
Time: June 6, 2012, 3:30 am

Useful :)

Comment from félins
Time: July 1, 2012, 2:35 am

coucou, je trouve cette idée super.
j’ai oublié de vous dire quelque chose: I am french
comme je le disait plus haut:Magnifique

Comment from Amarant2
Time: July 8, 2012, 11:42 pm

I have found that using paper clips greatly reduces the time you need to spend making these flowers. I made the individual petals with tape also, which helped as well. When you would fold over and glue together the petals, a small piece of tape holds very nicely and is still hidden from view. Also, when putting the petals together, five paper clips can be used to hold it in place. Removing one at a time allows you to glue all of them in quick succession, if you replace it right after gluing. Then you can leave it to dry and move to the next. The same works when combining the flowers into the ball. One final note- at the center of the ball, if you place two paper clips in a cross, you get an invisible hanger instead of the beads, if you prefer it to not be seen, and floss or thread make it virtually unnoticeable.

Comment from Yasmin
Time: August 17, 2012, 1:48 pm

WOW I like it <3, it’s welly amazing, thank you for your tutorial!

Comment from Britt
Time: October 1, 2012, 10:30 pm

Now I am going to do my breakfast, when having my breakfast
coming over again to read more news.

Comment from Elle
Time: November 19, 2012, 10:37 pm

Thanks for the great tutorial. I made my first singles and gave them to a friend. I put a wire stem into them, wrapping with floral tape. He has them in his pencil jar on his desk.
BTW: Your book is fantastic! I learned a whole lot from it- I wish I had it 10 years ago. Keep up the super work I cant wait to see vol #2 :-)!

Comment from Carol
Time: November 22, 2012, 11:22 am

It’s fantastic :D

Comment from Kerry
Time: January 2, 2013, 8:33 pm

Hey! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with
us so I came to give it a look. I’m definitely loving the information. I’m bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
Exceptional blog and fantastic style and design.

Comment from joyce
Time: January 12, 2013, 9:57 pm

what kind of glue do you use….? thanks

Comment from Jennifer MCDermott
Time: April 21, 2013, 1:35 am

I used double stick tape.

Comment from Laura Williams
Time: May 22, 2013, 4:53 am

I’m making mine out of comic books and using them as decorations at my wedding! Next stop… Bouquet! :)

Comment from AshLily
Time: June 16, 2013, 5:25 am

Thanks so much for this detailed tutorial. I made this for my art teacher and she loved it :)
@joyce I used a glue gun (sometimes I used crystal clear tape)

Pingback from 31 DIY projects in 31 days – Day Twenty | My Fair Olinda
Time: August 6, 2013, 11:45 pm

Comment from Shalini
Time: August 13, 2013, 5:54 am

Very easy & beautiful work…..Its looking great,,,Thx

Comment from Andrea
Time: September 12, 2013, 6:01 pm

Thanks for this tutorial! Out of all the paper flowers I’ve found online, I liked this one the most and chose it for the flowers at my wedding (which is half-Japanese, so a kusudama is more fitting). It’s been a looooot of folding and gluing, but it’s going to be fantastic! Thanks for sharing this!

Comment from alexis
Time: February 16, 2014, 5:41 pm

what if we made only one

Comment from Lucy Brayne
Time: March 30, 2014, 5:40 am

Hi, these are absolutely brilliant and so easy to do. Will definatly be using these at my next event.
Thank you for being inspiring.

Write a comment

Current ye@r *

Please leave these two fields as-is:

Protected by Invisible Defender. Showed 403 to 193,919 bad guys.